Mistakes


Mistakes - not necessarily are the secret of success but are definitely the way to explore 

For a long time, I wear a know-it-all mask and only do things that I know very well. I made a sincere effort to be right and do the right things. I observed covertly to understand and learn it right. Of course, the invention of Google made 'knowing' so much easier.

On hindsight, I realized, I missed so many things just because I am afraid to be wrong or make a mistake.

To start with It will be a good funny story to tell my children how I goofed up something

You may not remember all the right things you said or did. But by design, you'll remember even a simple mistake. Maybe to learn a lesson or because the embarrassment it brought to you. But the point is you'll make memories and learn to laugh at your own mistake.


It is a Great Way to Make New Friends /Acquaintances

It is not my nature to approach anyone if I don't know what to do. Maybe because of the fear of ridicule or reprimand. Like the first time, I tried to use an ATM card.Oh. and the list is endless. I simply returned without getting money. Now I realize I should have asked the person who was withdrawing money from the ATM. As usual I covertly tried to observe and thought I could do it on my own. When my tactics didn't work out I returned empty-handed. If i asked him for help, he would have definitely helped me, he might laugh at me later but still... I missed countless such opportunities because I didn't have the confidence to approach others for help. Small talk and making friends remained elusive till I turn into a middle-aged woman.

Makes you Humble

Maybe this should be the first point. Humility!!! Everyone should practice humility. Cultivate humility from the young age. When you are haughty or vain it is very difficult to say "I don't know how to do this. Can you please help me??" I was both and no way I could have said that to any person. But what better teacher is available to teach humility than difficulties and sufferings you encounter in your life. I've learned it the hard way. Thank God! Now I feel truly liberated. Now I am not afraid to make silly mistakes. I can proudly say when I make a mistake, yup I don't know a lot many things in life including this one and  I have learned a new one today.

I want to tell my children that its OK to make mistakes. But don't repeat it, make a new one every time. Making mistakes are normal, nothing to be ashamed of and it's a great way to live and explore new things.

Comments

Popular Posts